Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Dior Lip Show: Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

Time for another Dior lip product. 
I've been using Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm ($32) for so long that I remember when it was only $28.  (It goes up a dollar about every year.  ::grumble::)

I stock up on these during Sephora's sales.  It's also currently 10% off at Nordstrom through Tuesday (June 10th) as part of a big beauty and perfume sale (which includes newly released products such as the Dior Addict Fluid Sticks--see my review--and Dior Addict It-Lash mascara and eyeliner).

I love this product.  How much?  It's one of the only lip products that I've ever finished, and it's the only one that I've ever finished multiples of.  I'm probably on my eighth or tenth one and I keep one at work, in my purse, and on my dresser at all times.

It's a light pink emollient balm with SPF 10, but once on the lips, it gradually turns into a pinker, moister, and better version of your lips.  Hence, the color reviver aspect.  For nighttime, I use a heavier lip balm, but during the day, it's my go-to product.

Nekkid, dry, and pale.

5 minutes later.  Notice the glow and color-reviving action.

15 minutes later in sunlight.  In the full-face pic (which you'll never see), my lips look really full and really pink and stand out against my skin--in the most natural way possible.
How to wear it:
  • On its own.  It's sheer so it doesn't look like you're wearing any real makeup, but it keeps your lips from falling into corpse territory.
  • As a base for other lip products.  Its smooth, thin consistency is great for this purpose (as opposed to something waxy like the Fresh Sugar lip balms, which feel thick and heavy under lipstick).  
  • Korean gradient lip.  First apply a bright lip stain to just the inner part of the lips and then apply Dior Lip Glow all over.   I've read about this trick on Korean blogs and apparently Dior Lip Glow is very popular in Korea.
  • On top of your lip product when it begins to fade or look dry.  Many moisturizing lip balms can refresh your lip product, but Dior Lip Glow just seems to work better by smoothing out any patches of color and adding color to where lipstick or lip gloss has faded.
So how does this differ from basically one of those cheap-o mood lipsticks?  Erm, it's Dior, duh!  Actually, Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink is very similar and quite good (maybe a little less slick) and only $14.  Korean company Secret Key also recently came out with a knockoff, down to the packaging, called Secret Kiss Sweet Glam Tint Glow.

Off to browse the Nordstrom sale now!

No comments:

Post a Comment