Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Office Face

Umm, so yeeeaaaahhh, I'm gonna need you to put on some more lipstick . . .

Today I bring you all the pink things in my office.  (And actually, I missed some scissors, tweezers, and lip gloss.)

Above, see them posing seductively next to my hawt pink pens (OK, so the Dr. Grip is really mauve).  Now check out some sizzling swatches.

Closeups:
Wet N Wild 908C Sugar Plum Fairy and Revlon ColorBurst Fuchsia in fluorescent light
Same in natural light
Wet n Wild lipstick in 908C Sugar Plum Fairy looks scary dark in the tube, but is actually a bright medium-deep berry pink that I dab on for a stain of color. Very pigmented. A very nice color in winter.  It can wash me out though because I'm so pale; definitely needs blush.

Revlon ColorBurst lipstick in Fuchsia is exactly fuchsia. Not neon, just a face-brightening fuchsia pink. Also usually dabbed on for a staining effect. Very pigmented.
Beauty Without Cruelty Pomegranate and Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker Light Pink in fluorescent light
Same in natural light

Beauty Without Cruelty Natural Infusion lipstick in Pomegranate is a bright medium coral pink.  Very summer.

Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker lip gloss in Light Pink is one of my favorite hot pink lip products.  It is transparent with tiny tiny silver shimmers, which don't really show up on the lip.  But, like Dior Lip Glow, it turns from clearish/light pink to a deeper pink due to (so the gimmick goes) the pH of your lips.  It is one of the easiest ways to go hot pink ever and the gloss has some tack to it, so it lasts quite a while if you're not eating or drinking.  I have the regular Pink version of this as well, and I can't tell the difference.  Both give a shiny medium hot pink lip.  Can you tell I really like this since I just wrote a personal statement on it?  The downside is that the packaging starts leaking after a while.  I currently keep it in my desk with a napkin under it.

Dior Lip Glow and Chanel Rouge Allure 87 Joyeuse in fluorescent light
Same in natural light

Dior Lip Glow--you know about.

Chanel Rouge Allure in 87 Joyeuse is a creamy peachy pink but not pastel.  Very girly and pretty.  Great for those occasional days when I don't feel like wearing bright pink.

Sorry this is all under fluorescent lighting. I'll update this post later with a pic in natural light.  Post updated 6/14/2014 with swatches in natural light.  But terrible fluorescent lighting is so much more true to life to how they'll look at work, n'est-ce pas?

No comments:

Post a Comment